Are you and your family homeless
or facing the possibility of becoming homeless in the near future? Almost all our families receive the help they need to move into independent housing, generally within 90 days.
Family Promise Eligibility Requirements
- Families have one or more children or are currently pregnant.
- Individuals must reside as a family and consider themselves a family unit.
- No history of domestic violence for at least 2 months
- No drug or alcohol abuse for at least 6 months
- Family members 16 years and over must pass a criminal background check
- If family had section 8 housing and lost it, the family is ineligible.
If you are in crisis and meet our eligibility requirements,
then please call our Program Manager Sabrina Pacifici now, at 570-420-8589
Pets with a Promise
Family Promise of Monroe County’s Pets with a Promise allows families to keep their pets while working towards independence in the program. The funds allow Family Promise to offer direct services to families with pets including boarding, vaccinations, veterinary care, pet supplies, and transportation related to boarding or fostering. The goal of Pets with a Promise is to ensure families experiencing homelessness do not have to choose between receiving services and keeping their pets.