Family Promise offers opportunities to make a difference to those in need
From its start, Family Promise has been a volunteer-driven organization. Family Promise possesses a singular ability to engage a wide variety of volunteers and to help neighbors in need. Middle managers, hourly workers, retirees, executives…our Affiliate offers everyone a chance to pitch in and make a difference.
Volunteers can work alone, with colleagues, or with their own families. We welcome parents and children to participate together; indeed, it is one of the aspects of Family Promise most treasured by our volunteers. The following are a few examples of how you can make a difference in the lives of homeless children and their families:
Co-sponsoring events is an ideal way for a corporation and a nonprofit to realize their goals. The events raise funds and awareness for the nonprofit while raising the company’s profile, enhancing their image and affording their employees a chance to “do good while doing well.” Possibilities include:
- Walk-a-thons or Charity Runs—these are perfect opportunities for volunteers to become involved in a variety of ways, from being sponsored by friends and family as they walk or run, to helping with organizing… to handing out water as participants pass by.
- Golf Outings—these are popular in many locations, and offer the opportunity for participants to enjoy the camaraderie of friends while contributing to a worthy cause
- Auctions—another good fundraising option, auctions can be anything from a low-key raffle to a high-profile, silent auction at an evening gala, complete with celebrities and local dignitaries.
- Concerts—musicians are often happy to support a good cause, and concerts are ready-made media opportunities in which both the corporation and the nonprofit can benefit from the favorable publicity
- “Taste Of” Festivals—rapidly growing in popularity, “taste of” events are occasions when members of the local community can sample the cuisine of a variety of local restaurants.