Family Promise is run primarily by volunteers who donate their time to feed families, lead the organization, write grants, plan events, and much more. If your heart seeks to reach out and help homeless families, then whatever your gifts and skills might be, Family Promise is a place to bring them where they will help and be appreciated.
Here are some ways to get involved:
- Cook and Serve Dinners: If you enjoy cooking and perhaps live near one of our Host or Support Congregations then we need you. Call our Day Center (570-420-8589) and you will be put in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator for a congregation near you.
- Stay overnight: Our Host Congregations need volunteers to stay overnight with our families at their facilities and to be a link with the Host coordinator, our Case Manager and the whole Family Promise support network. To volunteer, and receive training, please call our Day Center (570-420-8589)
- Work on an event: We conduct three major fundraising and many many smaller public awareness events every year. Team members and helpers are always welcome and needed. Our events are promoted on this web site, our Facebook Page, and even more details are provided in our email announcements and newsletters (sign up here).
- Share your skills and knowledge: Each of our family adults and children have unique needs where your skills and knowledge might be needed. If you would like to help, contact our Case Manager Sabrina Pacifici at the Day Center (570-420-8589) to be put on her list of helpers to call when needed.
- Become a Board Member: Are you a “big picture” thinker or an experienced executive? Our Board of Trustees meets bi-monthly and takes on the oversight and fundraising responsibility needed to maximize our ability to help homeless families with children. If interested, complete this Board of Trustees Application. Complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you own a business? Are you an artist or craft person? Do you love to cook or bake?
- Family Promise is always looking for event sponsors and donations of goods and services for it’s fundraising events. Contact us today to lend a hand. We can’t do it without you!
Email: email@example.com Phone: 570-420-8589
Family Promise of Monroe County is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3), non-denominational organization for homeless families in transition and part of a national organization founded in 1986. Financial support is urgently needed to help our families, for the operation of our Day Center, and to provide the personal touch to move our families to independent housing as fast a possible.
Please consider a specific need donation (Shopping Cart will appear below), or simply make a direct one time donation):
Shopping Cart of Specific Needs:
$87.50 – Cost of 7 Nights in Shelter for One Family
$140.00 – Air Mattresses for a Family of Four
$385.00 – One Week of Emergency Hotel Shelter
$500.00 – Toward One Month of Operations
If you would prefer to donate by check, make it payable to “Family Promise of Monroe County”, and mail your check to:
Family Promise of Monroe County
PO Box 1021
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
All donations are tax deductible. Family Promise of Monroe County is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3).
Thank You for Supporting Family Promise Of Monroe County
“Everyone needs a Home”